This version of bhel is simply delicious too – fresh jowar mixed with bhel ingredients and served in papad cones.
- Paunk (kachcha jowar) – 1 cup
- Medium onion, finely chopped – ½ no
- Medium potato, boiled and chopped – 1 no
- Raw mango, finely chopped – ¼ no
- Salt – to taste
- Lemon juice – ½ no
- Chaat masala + to sprinkle – 1 tsp
- Fresh green garlic stalks – 10-12 no
- Thick yogurt – 2 tbsps
- Medium tomato, finely chopped – 1 no
- Finely chopped fresh coriander leaves – 2 tbsps
- Crisp puris (papdi) – 12 no
- Papads – 5 no
- Pepper sev – 2 tbsps
- Green chutney – 1 tbsp + for garnishing
- Placed paunk a bowl.
- Finely chop onion, potato, raw mango and add to paunk. Add salt, lemon juice and chaat masala and mix well.
- Roughly chop green garlic stalks and put into a mixer jar. Add 1 tbsp yogurt and grind into chutney. Transfer the chutney into a bowl and add remaining yogurt. Add salt and mix. Set aside.
- Finely chop tomato and add to the paunk. Add coriander leaves and add. Crush 7papdis and add.
- Roast papads and shape them into cones while still hot. Place these cones in 5 glasses.
- Fill each cone with paunk mixture. Put some garlic chutney and green chutney on top. Sprinkle some chaat masala and top it with some pepper sev.
- Garnish with remaining papdi and serve immediately