Simple vanilla cake made special with shrikhand and motichoor laddoos.
- Vanilla sponge cake – 8 inch
- Mixed canned fruits – 1 cup
- Shrikhand – 1 1/2 cups
- Motichoor laddoos – 6-8 no
- For garnishing-
- Whipped cream
- Blanched and chopped pistachios
- Cocoa powder
- Drain canned fruits and place them in a bowl. Add shrikhand and mix well.
- Slice a thin layer from the top of the cake leaving 1 cm edge. Scoop out the cake to make a deep pocket. (Store the scooped cake for later use. )
- Fill the shrikhand mixture in the pocket. Mash the laddoos and spread the mixture on top of the shrikhand.
- Garnish with whipped cream, cherries and pistachios. Sprinkle some cocoa powder and serve.