Masaledar soya granule chops.
- Soya granules, soaked – 2 cups
- Fresh bread crumbs – 1 cup
- Ginger piece, sliced – 1/2 inch
- Finely chopped garlic – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Chaat masala – a pinch
- Green chilli paste – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp
- Oil – for shallow frying
- Bhuna masala – 100 grams
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Brown sugar – 1 1/2 tsp
- Tamarind paste – 2 tbsp
- Place soya granules in a chopper. Add fresh bread crumbs, ginger, garlic, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, chaat masala, green chilli paste, salt, 2 tbsp water and grind into a smooth mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl. Add corn flour and mix well.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Take a portion of the soya mixture and shape it into an oval chop. Pierce an ice cream stick at one end. Properly shape the chop and place in the pan.
- Cook turning sides till evenly golden. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Add bhuna masala to the same pan. Add remaining red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, brown sugar, tamarind paste and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water, salt and mix well. Cook till the masala thickens.
- Place the chops in a serving plate. Pour the masala over it and serv