Custard apple pulp gives this sago kheer a new dimension.
- Pulp of custard apples (sitaphal) – 2 no large
- Sago (sabudana), soaked in hot water for 1 hour – 1 cup
- Milk – 4 cups
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Chopped almonds – 2 tbsp
- Green cardamom powder – a pinch
- Saffron – few strands
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Add almonds and sauté till light golden.
- Add sago and mix well.
- Add milk and cook till sago is completely cooked and the kheer thickens.
- Add green cardamom powder, saffron, sugar and custard apple pulp. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer into small serving bowl and serve.