Spaghetti cooked in the famous Kerala dish – mixed seafood moilee.
- Spaghetti – 200 grams
- Prawns, shelled and deveined – 1/2 cup
- Boneless fish, cut into 1 inch cubes – 400 grams
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Finely chopped ginger – 1 tsp
- Green chillies, finely chopped – 2 no
- Curry leaves – 5-6 no
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Onions, finely sliced – 2 small
- Canned coconut milk – 2 cups
- Salt – to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- For garnishing-
- Few thin strips of red tomato
- Fried basil leaves – 8-10 no
- Lemon wedge – 1 no
- Heat oil in a non stick kadai. Add mustard seeds and when they splutter, add ginger, green chillies and mix. Add curry leaves and mix. Add onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add approximately 1 cup water, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add coconut milk, spaghetti and sauté for half a minute. Add salt and 1 cup water. Cook stirring continuously till the spaghetti is cooked.
- Add prawns and fish and mix well. Cook for 5-6 minutes and switch off the heat.
- Transfer the spaghetti into a serving bowl. Add lemon juice, garnish with thin strips of tomato, basil leaves, a lemon wedge and serve hot