Spaghetti cooked in the famous Kerala dish – mixed seafood moilee.
Spaghetti 200 grams
Prawns, shelled and deveined 1/2 cup
Boneless fish, cut into 1 inch cubes 400 grams
Oil 2 Tbsp
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Finely chopped ginger 1 tsp
Green chillies, finely chopped 2 no
Curry leaves 5-6 no
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Onions, finely sliced 2 small
Canned coconut milk 2 cups
Salt to taste
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Few thin strips of red tomato
Fried basil leaves 8-10 no
Lemon wedge 1 no
- Heat oil in a non stick kadai. Add mustard seeds and when they splutter, add ginger, green chillies and mix. Add curry leaves and mix. Add onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add approximately 1 cup water, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add coconut milk, spaghetti and sauté for half a minute. Add salt and 1 cup water. Cook stirring continuously till the spaghetti is cooked.
- Add prawns and fish and mix well. Cook for 5-6 minutes and switch off the heat.
- Transfer the spaghetti into a serving bowl. Add lemon juice, garnish with thin strips of tomato, basil leaves, a lemon wedge and serve hot