A bhojpuri cuisine tikki made of sattu flour and boiled rice
- Sattu flour – 1 1/2 cup
- Chana dal, soaked, boiled and coarsely mashed – 1/2 cup
- Rice, boiled – 1/2 cup
- Ginger, finely chopped – 1 inch
- Green chillies finely chopped – 2-3 no
- Onions, finely chopped – 2 no
- Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 2-3 tsp
- Chaat masala – 2 tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped – 3 tbsp
- Corn flour
- Oil – for shallow fry
- Salt – to taste
- Take a bowl add sattu, chana dal, boiled rice, ginger, garlic, chilies, onions and mix well.
- Add cumin powder, red chili powder, chaat masala, and coriander, salt and knead well.
- Rest the mixture for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into equal balls and shape into tikkis.
- Roll the tikkis into corn flour and shallow fry until golden brown from both the sides.
- Remove onto absorbent paper and serve hot with mint chutney