Drumsticks cooked with simple masalas.
- Drumsticks cut into 3 inch pieces and peeled – 6 no
- Turmeric powder – 3/4 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Dried red chillies – 4 no
- Curry leaves – 12-15 no
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dried mango powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Grated fresh coconut – 1/2 cup
- Heat 1/2 litre water with 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and a little salt in a non stick pan.
- Add drumsticks, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes till the drumsticks are cooked. Strain the drumsticks and keep aside in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add coriander seeds, dried red chillies and sauté for half a minute.
- Add curry leaves, drumsticks, red chilli powder, remaining turmeric powder, black pepper powder, dried mango powder, salt and toss well.
- Add grated coconut and mix well.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and serve hot.