A classic roasted chicken served with greens and your favorite side makes a delicious and healthy dinner that never goes out of style.
- Whole chicken 1 – (800 grams)
- Fresh parsley, chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Fresh thyme, chopped – 2 tablespoons
- Fresh rosemary, chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic, chopped – 7-8 cloves
- Lemon rind, grated – 1tablespoon
- Worcestershire sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Butter – 4 tablespoons
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper powder – to taste
- Oranges – 2
- Carrots -2 medium
- Onions – 2 medium
- Celery – 2 stalks
- Leek – 1bulb
- Rice bran oil – 2½ tablespoons
- Mixed vegetables (zucchini, assorted bell peppers) – 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Clean the chicken and cut away the neck keeping the skin intact.
- To make the marinade, mix together parsley, thyme, rosemary, garlic, lemon rind, Worcestershire sauce and butter in a bowl. Keep it in the refrigerator for ten minutes.
- Rub salt and black pepper powder outside and inside the chicken.
- Lift the skin of the chicken and rub the parsley-butter mixture all over. Rub it outside the chicken too.
- Tie the two drumsticks of the chicken together. Fold the front wings and skin at the neck towards the back.
- Cut thick round slices of the oranges and arrange them on a baking tray.
- Dice carrots, onions, celery and leek and place them over the orange slices on the baking tray. Place the chicken over it and baste it with rice bran oil.