Red pumpkin relish
- Red pumpkin – 250 grams
- Sugar -1 cup
- Milk – 2 cups
- Ghee – 1 teaspoon
- Pistachios – 12-15
- Melon seeds (magaz) – Tablespoon
- Raisins – 1 Tablespoon
- Fresh cream – 2 Tablespoons
- Cook sugar with half cup water in a non-stick pan to make syrup.
- Heat milk in another pan.
- Peel the pumpkin and cut into even sized fingers. Pierce the pieces lightly with a fork and put them in the sugar syrup and cook.
- Remove the cream that forms over the milk into a plate and continue to cook the milk for more cream. As the cream forms, remove it and place in the plate.
- Heat ghee in another pan. Chop pistachios coarsely and add to pan. Add melon seeds and sauté lightly. Add raisins, sauté lightly and transfer into a bowl.
- As soon as the pumpkin pieces are well cooked and soft, remove from syrup and arrange them in a serving bowl.
- Drizzle fresh cream over them and sprinkle the sautéed nuts.
- Serve hot or cold.