Red pumpkin cooked with garlic and crushed peppercorns and served with a delightful dressing.
- Red pumpkin, cut into fingers and pricked – 500 grams
- Crushed black peppercorns – 1 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 5 tbsp
- Garlic cloves – 12-15 no
- Salt – to taste
- Juice of – 1 lemon
- Fresh green coriander roughly chopped – 1 cup
- Vinegar – 3 tbsp
- Mustard paste – 1 tsp
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non stick pan. Mash the garlic cloves and add to the pan. Sauté till the garlic becomes golden and crisp.
- Add red pumpkin, 1 tsp crushed black peppercorns, salt, lemon juice and mix well. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- To make the dressing, grind together fresh green coriander, remaining crushed black peppercorns, vinegar, mustard paste, salt and remaining oil.
- Arrange the pumpkin fingers onto a serving plate. Pour the dressing over it and serve.