Red pumpkin and paneer cooked in a gravy enriched with cream and saffron.
- Red pumpkin – 500 grams
- Cottage cheese (paneer ) – 200 grams
- Oil – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Bay leaves – 2 no
- Green cardamoms – 5-6 no
- Black cardamoms – 2 no
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
- Cloves – 3-4 no
- Onion – 1 no
- Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- White butter – 2 tbsp
- Green chillies – 3 no
- Cream – 1/2 cup
- Fresh coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add bay leaves, green cardamoms, black cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves and sauté till fragrant.
- Cut onion into thin long strips, add to the pan and sauté till light golden. Add garlic paste and ginger paste and sauté for a minute.
- Cut red pumpkin into thin long pieces and add to the pan. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water and mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes till the pumpkin becomes soft.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt, mix well and sauté for 1 minute.
- Transfer the pumpkin mixture into a mixer jar and grind into a purée. Strain the purée into a bowl.
- Heat white butter in a non stick pan. Cut green chillies diagonally and add to the pan.
- Add red pumpkin purée and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Cut paneer into 1 inch cubes and add to the pan. Add fresh cream, saffron and mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer into a serving bowl. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.