When raw mangoes in season you can prepare this lovely dish which has a unique South Indian flavour
Raw mango peeled and grated 1 small
Dried Red chilli 6 no.
Rice cooked 6 cups
Roasted peanuts ¼ cup
Coconut scraped ½ cup
Dried red chillies 6 no.
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Asafoetida ¼ tsp
Curry leaves 10-12nos
Salt to taste
Ghee 1 tbsp
Chopped coriander 2 tsp
- Heat ghee in a pan, add dry red chilies, asafetida, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, sauté till mustard seeds splutter.
- Add curry leaves , roasted peanuts, coconut, raw mango, turmeric powder, salt, and mix well.
- Add cooked rice and mix well. Cook for 2 mins.
- Add fresh coriander and mix well.
- Remove in a serving bowl and garnish with coriander sprig.
- Serve hot.