When raw mangoes in season you can prepare this lovely dish which has a unique South Indian flavour
- Raw mango peeled and grated – 1 small
- Rice cooked – 6 cups
- Roasted peanuts – ¼ cup
- Coconut scraped – ½ cup
- Dried red chillies – 6
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – 10-12nos
- Salt to taste
- Ghee 1 tablespoons
- Chopped coriander – 2 teaspoon
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When they splutter add cumin seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves and sauté till fragrant.
- Add in the roasted peanut, coconut, and grated mango and sauté well.
- Add the salt, turmeric and mix.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well.
- Lastly, add chopped coriander and mix and cook for some time
- Remove it in a serving bowl and serve hot.