A typical Punjabi Rajma Masala as made in the homes of North India.
- Rajma soaked overnight and boiled-1 ½ cup
- Salt -To taste
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Onions chopped – 2 medium
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Rajma masala – 1tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Tomato puree – ½ cup
- Fresh coriander leaves – 2 tablespoon
- Garam masala powder – 1tsp
- ajwain – ½ tsp
- Black cardamom – 2no
- Bay leaf – 2-3
- Drain and reserve the cooking liquor. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add , ajwain, black cardamom, bay leaf, onions and sauté till light brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté for 2 minutes. Add coriander powder, cumin powder and red chilli powder, garam masala powder and mix well.
- Add tomato puree and mix again. Sauté for3-4 minutes.
- Add kidney beans and mix well. Add 1 cup cooking liquor and salt and stir to mix.
- Mash the beans a bit and stir again. Add rajma masala powder and mix and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.