Prawns and brinjal cooked with flavourful masala.
- Prawns shelled and deveined – 500 grams
- Brinjal, roasted and peeled – 1 no medium
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Onion seeds (kalonji) – 1 tsp
- Green chillies, finely chopped – 4 no
- Ginger finely chopped – 1 tbsp
- Garlic finely chopped – 1 tbsp
- Onions, finely chopped – 2 no
- Red tomatoes – 2 no medium
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Bhuna masala – 100 grams
- Fresh green coriander finely chopped – 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add onion seeds, green chillies, ginger, garlic and sauté for half a minute.
- Finely chop the onions, add to the pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Finely chop the brinjal and tomatoes. Add the tomatoes to the pan and mix well.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix well. Sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Add bhuna masala, mix well and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add prawns, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add brinjal, fresh green coriander, mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with a coriander sprig and serve hot.