Prawns and brinjal cooked with flavourful masala.
Prawns shelled and deveined 500 grams
Brinjal, roasted and peeled 1 no medium
Oil 2 Tbsp
Onion seeds (kalonji) 1 tsp
Green chillies, finely chopped 4 no
Ginger finely chopped 1 Tbsp
Garlic finely chopped 1 Tbsp
Onions, finely chopped 2 no
Red tomatoes 2 no medium
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Bhuna masala 100 grams
Fresh green coriander finely chopped 2 Tbsp
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add onion seeds, green chillies, ginger, garlic and sauté for half a minute.
- Finely chop the onions, add to the pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Finely chop the brinjal and tomatoes. Add the tomatoes to the pan and mix well.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix well. Sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Add bhuna masala, mix well and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add prawns, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add brinjal, fresh green coriander, mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with a coriander sprig and serve hot.