Plum and prune flavoured phirni
- Plums – 10-12
- Prunes – 10-12
- Milk – 1/2 litre
- Soaked basmati rice – 5 tbsp
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Green cardamom powder – a pinch
- For garnishing-
- Blanched, Peeled and slivered almond – few
- Slivered Pistachios – few.
- Heat milk in a non stick pan and allow to boil.
- Grind rice with a little hot milk. Add the ground rice to the milk and cook for 5-7 minutes stirring continuously. Transfer the mixture in a bowl and keep aside to cool.
- Cook sugar with 2-3 tbsp water in a non stick pan. Roughly chop plums and prunes and add to the pan.
- Add green cardamom powder and mix well. Cook for 5-6 minutes. Transfer into a bowl and keep aside to cool.
- Mix the plum prune mixture in the rice and milk mixture. Reserve some of the plum mixture for garnishing.
- Transfer into serving bowls. Spread the remaining plum mixture over the phirni. Garnish with almonds and pistachios and serve chilled.