- Six-inch Pizza Bases – 2 no
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic cloves, chopped – 2
- Dried oregano – 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion, chopped – 1 small
- Tomato Concasse – 2 cups
- Tomato purée – ½ cup
- Fresh basil leaves – 2 no
- Salt – to taste
- Sugar – ½ teaspoon
- Black peppercorns, crushed – 6-8 no
- Grated mozzarella cheese – 1 cup
- Tomato, cut into round slices – 1 medium
- Fresh basil leaves – 4-5 no
- For the sauce, heat the olive oil in a pan; add garlic and a large pinch of dried oregano and sauté for half a minute. Add the onion and sauté till translucent.
- Add tomato concasse and mix till all the moisture has evaporated. Add tomato purée and cook for another five to eight minutes.
- Add roughly torn basil leaves, salt, sugar, half the crushed peppercorns and mix well. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Spread the sauce evenly over both pizza bases and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Arrange tomato slices and basil leaves on top and sprinkle with salt, remaining crushed peppercorns and oregano to taste.
- Place the pizzas on a baking tray and bake for ten to fifteen minutes till the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven, cut into wedges and serve immediately.