- Pineapple – 1 medium
- Semolina – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1½ cups + to sprinkle
- Saffron – ¼ teaspoon
- Rice bran oil – 4tablespoons + to grill
- Finely chopped almonds – 1 teaspoon + for garnishing
- Khoya/ mawa, grated – ¼ cup
- To serve
- Pineapple, scooped – ½
- Heat a pan, add sugar and enough water to just soak the sugar. Cook, stirring continuously, till the sugar dissolves.
- Remove the stem of the pineapple, peel and cut it into small pieces and add to the syrup in the pan. Add saffron and cook on low flame.
- Heat rice bran oil in another pan, add semolina and sauté on medium flame till light golden.
- Add one teaspoon almonds and cooked pineapple with the syrup and mix well.Cook till semolina is cooked.
- Add khoya, mix andcook for two minutes or till the halwa begins to leave the sides of the pan.
- Heat a little rice bran oil in a grill pan, add the pineapple scoops and grill till grill marks appear on them.
- Put the grilled pineapple scoops on a serving plate, put the halwaover them, garnish with almonds and serve hot.