Pineapple adds a special flavour and taste to the popular suji halwa.
- Pineapple – 1 no medium
- Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
- Saffron – 1/4 tsp
- Ghee – 4 tbsp
- Semolina – 1 cup
- Finely chopped almonds – 1 tsp + for garnishing
- Khoya – 1/4 cup
- Heat a non stick pan. Add sugar to the pan. Add water just about to soak the sugar. Cook stirring continuously tills the sugar dissolves.
- Remove the stem of the pineapple, cut it into small pieces and add to the pan. Add saffron and cook on low heat..
- Heat ghee in another pan. Add semolina and sauté on medium heat till light golden.
- Add 1 tsp almonds, cooked pineapple and mix well.
- Add khoya, sauté for 2 minutes. Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with almonds and serve.