Rice and chickpeas cooked with chilli pickle to make this delicious pulao.
- Chilli pickle – ¼ cup
- Black chick peas, boiled – 1 ½ cups
- Basmati rice, soaked – 2 cups
- Oil – 2-3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Cloves – 10-12 no
- Bay leaves – 2 no
- Black cardamoms – 4-5 no
- Black peppercorns – 20-25 no
- Salt – to taste
- Tomatoes, cut into wedges – 2 no
- Lemon juice – ½ no
- Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped – 2-3 tbsp
- Heat oil in a non-stick large pan. Add cumin seeds, cloves, bay leaves, black cardamoms, black peppercorns and sauté till fragrant. Add black chick peas and mix.
- Add basmati rice and mix. Add chilli pickle and mix. Add 1½ cups kale chane soaked water. Add a little Tata salt lite and mix. Add tomato wedges and mix. Add 2½ cups Bisleri water, cover and cook, till the rice is done. Add lemon juice and coriander leaves and mix well. Transfer into a serving bowl and serve hot.