Paneer tikka is an Indian dish made from chunks of paneer marinated in spices and grilled in a tandoor.
- Cottage cheese (paneer), cut into 2-inch pieces – 250 grams
- Green capsicums, cut into 2-inch pieces – 2 medium
- Drained yogurt – ½ cup
- Salt – to taste
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – ½ teaspoon
- Dried mango powder(amchur) – ½ teaspoon
- Lemon juice – ½ teaspoon
- Ginger paste – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – for basting
- Chaat masala – ½ teaspoon
- Lemon, cut into wedges – 1 no
- Make a marinade of drained yogurt, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, dried mango powder, lemon juice, ginger paste and garlic paste. Mix well with the paneer and set aside for one hour, preferably in the refrigerator.
- Preheat a combi-oven to 250°C.
- Arrange paneer and capsicum pieces on satay sticks alternately and brush with oil.
- Arrange them on a baking tray and cook for five minutes, basting with more oil half-way through. Rotate the sticks and cook again for five minutes, basting with oil again half-way through.
- Sprinkle chaat masala and serve hot with lemon wedges.