Paneer cooked in tomato gravy.
- Cottage cheese (paneer), cut into thick strips – 250 grams
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste – 2 teaspoons
- Green capsicums, cut into thick strips – 2 medium
- Tomatoes, seeded and cut into thick strips – 2 medium
- Onions, cut into thick strips – 2 medium
- Tomato purée – 3 tablespoons
- Salt – to taste
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi), roasted and crushed – 1 teaspoon
- Heat the oil in a non stick kadai; add the cumin seeds. When they begin to change colour, add the garlic paste, capsicums, tomatoes and onions and sauté on medium heat for five or six minutes.
- Add the paneer, tomato purée, salt and chilli powder. Sauté for a while till the paneer begins to stick to the pan.
- Scrape the paneer off the bottom of the pan and sauté for a while longer till the paneer is dark brown and mashed.
- Stir in the lemon juice and kasuri methi and serve immediately.