A healthy tummy full morning breakfast, a type of indian bread stuffed with cottage cheese and fresh mint leaves, full of calcium and protein.
Whole wheat flour 4 cups
Cottage cheese, grated 600 grams
Onion, finely chopped 1 medium
Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Chaat masala 2 teaspoons
Salt to taste
Fresh mint leaves, chopped ¼ bunch
Dry mint powder 2 tablespoons
Rice bran oil 4 tablespoon
Green chutney ½ cup
- Put cottage cheese, chopped onions, garam masala powder, red chilli powder, one teaspoon chaat masala and salt in a bowl and mix well. Add fresh mint leaves and mix well. Divide the mixture into 6-8 portions and roll into balls.
- Sieve flour into a big bowl, add little salt and sufficient water and knead into soft dough.
- Divide the dough in equal portions and shape them into balls and flatten them on your palm. Place a portion of paneer pudina mixture in the centre, bring the edges together and seal. Roll into balls again. Dust each ball with a little dry flour and roll into parantha.
- Heat a tawa and shallow fry the parantha, one by one, with little oil till evenly golden and crisp on both sides.
- Sprinkle some dry mint powder and chaat masala over each of them and cut them into wedges.
- Place them in a serving plate and serve hot with green chutney.