Mushroom lovers are going to lap this one up. A visual delight, this stir-fried treat will definitely add more grace to your party table.
- Fresh button mushrooms, quartered – 20-24 no
- Porcini mushrooms (optional) – ½ cup
- Oyster mushrooms (optional) – ½ cup
- Red capsicum, cut into ½-inch pieces – 1 small
- Yellow capsicum, cut into ½-inch pieces – 1 small
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- Onions, cut into ½-inch cubes – 2 medium
- Garlic cloves, crushed – 3 no
- Soy sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Vinegar – ½ tablespoon
- Dried thyme – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Black peppercorns, crushed – 8-10 no
- Fresh basil leaves, roughly torn – 7-8 no
- If using, porcini and oyster mushrooms, soak in lukewarm water for twenty minutes. Drain. Wash well and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large non stick pan. Add the onions and sauté over medium heat till translucent. Add garlic and stir-fry for a minute.
- Add the mushrooms, red and yellow capsicums and sauté over high heat for three minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, chilli sauce and vinegar and sauté for another two minutes.
- Add thyme, salt and crushed peppercorns. Remove from heat, stir in the basil and serve hot.