Spinach Leaves 12-15 no. (Big)
Cheese Slice 6-8 no.
Paneer Grated 1 cup
Onion chopped 1 no. (Small)
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ½ tsp + pinch
Chat masala 1 tsp + for Sprinkle
Garam Masala ½ tsp
Asafoetida ¼ tsp
Carom seeds (Ajwain) 1tsp + pinch
Salt to taste
Green chilli chopped 3-4 no.
Gram Flour (Besan) 1½ Cup
Ginger-garlic paste 1 tsp
Soda Bicarbonate pinch
Water as requited
Oil for frying
- Take spinach leaves in work top, press the stem with the help of back side of spoon or knife. Keep it aside.
- In mixing bowl, add grated paneer, onion chopped, ½ tsp of red chilli powder, pinch of turmeric powder, chat masala, garam masala, pinch of asafoetida, pinch of carom seeds, green chilli chopped and salt, mix well. Keep it aside.
- Spread green chutney over the each spinach leaves, place half cheese slice on top of green chutney and place paneer mixture over the layer of cheese and roll the spinach leaves and keep it aside.
- Take gram flour in a mixing bowl, add 1 tsp of carom seeds, ½ tsp of turmeric powder, ½ tsp of red chilli powder, salt, pinch of soda bicarbonate, pinch of hing, ginger-garlic paste and water, mix well and make a thick batter.
- Heat sufficient oil in kadai.
- Dip each spinach leaf roll in the batter and deep fry till half done. Remove in an absorbent paper.
- Reheat the oil and fry the spinach pakodas again till golden brown and crisp.
- Drain onto an absorbent paper. Sprinkle some chat masala on top.
- Serve hot.