You serve this cake upside down with the oranges on the top.
- Oranges, peeled – 2 no medium
- Orange marmalade – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 1/2 cup + 250 grams
- Refined flour (maida) – 250 grams
- Baking powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Butter – 250 grams
- Eggs – 5 no
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Heat a non stick pan. Add 1/2 cup sugar and cook till the sugar caramelizes.
- Cut the oranges into horizontal slices and place them in a pre greased and dusted cake tin.
- Transfer the caramelized sugar over the orange slices.
- Sieve together refined flour and baking powder.
- Whisk together butter and the remaining sugar in a blender. Break eggs in the blender and whisk further till fluffy.
- Add orange marmalade, vanilla essence and mix well. Transfer the mixture into a bowl. Add the refined flour and mix well.
- Pour the refined flour batter over the caramelized sugar. Bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Demould, cool, cut into wedges and serve.