Boneless chicken pieces make this oats porridge interesting and delicious too.
- Chicken breast boneless – 2
- Rolled oats – 1 cup
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Bay leaves – 3
- Ginger finely chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic crushed – 1 tablespoon
- Green chili finely chopped – 2
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – To taste
- Fresh coriander sprigs – 6-8
- Browned onions – ½ cup + garnishing
- Butter – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Egg white – 2
- Cut chicken into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add cumin seeds, bay leaves, ginger and garlic and sauté for a minute. Add green chillies and chicken pieces and mix well. Add oats, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, black pepper powder and salt and mix well. Add 2 cups water and mix well. Cook till chicken is done.
- Finely chop coriander sprigs.
- Add browned onions, butter and lemon juice to the pan and mix well. Add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add egg whites and mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes
- Transfer the porridge into a serving bowl, garnish with browned onions and serve hot.