Chicken is marinated in a mixture of heavy cream (Malai), herbs and spices and baked in a Tandoor or oven.
- Fresh cream – 1 cup
- Chicken thigh boneless, cut into cubes – 750 grams
- Oil – for greasing
- Salt – to taste
- Ginger paste – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Nutmeg powder – a pinch
- White pepper powder – ½ teaspoon
- Lemon juice – ½
- Processed cheese, grated – 1 cup
- Cornflour – ½ Tablespoon
- Green chillies, chopped – 2
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped – 2 Tablespoons
- A pinch of green cardamom powder
- Silver varq for garnishing
- Preheat the oven at 220 degree Celsius. Grease a baking tray with oil.
- Place chicken pieces in a bowl, add salt, garlic paste, ginger paste, nutmeg powder, white pepper powder and lemon juice. Mix well and set aside for one hour.
- Take a bowl add, grated cheese and mash with hands.
- Add cornflour, cardamom powder, chopped chillies, chopped fresh coriander leaves, marinated chicken pieces and mix well.
- Add cream and mix gently.
- Place the marinated chicken pieces onto baking tray and cooked into pre heated oven for twenty minutes.
- Transfer cooked chicken onto serving plate and garnish with silver varq.
- Serve hot.