Moong Dal ¾ Cup
Sugar ¾ Cup
Water 1½ Cup
Cardamom powder pinch
Saffron strands 3-4 no.
Ghee 4 tbsp
Assorted Nuts chopped 2 tbsp
Khoya ¼ Cup
- Wash and soak the moong Dal in 2 cups of water for 3-4 hours.
- Drain and Grind the soaked moog dal till smooth. Keep it aside.
- Heat water in a pan, Add sugar and mix well. As water is starts to boiling, add cardamom powder and saffron, mix well.
- As sugar melts, switch of the flame and keep aside the sugar syrup.
- Heat ghee in a pan, Add moog dal paste and stir continuously to avoid formations of lumps and keep roasting the mixture until turns light brown.
- Add assorted nuts, mix well.
- Add sugar syrup, mix well and cook on medium heat till the halwa absorbs the sugar syrup.
- Add khoya, mix well and cook for 2 min.
- Switch off the flame, remove halwa in serving plates and serve hot.