Healthy and nutritious dhokla recipe. dhokla recipes made with moong dal
- Moong dal\Split green lentils – 2 cup
- Water – ½ cup
- Rava\Semolina – 3 tbsp
- Curd- 3 tbsp
- Green chilli paste – 1 tbsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Lemon juice – ½ no
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Jeera\cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- White sesame seeds – ½ tsp
- Red chilli – 2-3 no
- Coriander – 1 tbsp
- First grind the soaked moong dal with little water and remove it in a bowl.
- Now add rava, curd, green chilli paste, baking soda, salt, and sugar and mi it well.
- Add little water to make a thick batter.
- Batter must be of dropping consistency.
- Add lemon juice, mix it well and cook it in a steamer or steam it in a handi for 12 mins.
- After 10 to 12 min check the dhokla by inserting a knife(if knife comes clean it is cooked or if it is not then let it steam for more 5 to 8 mins.
- Once the dhokla is ready remove it and start making a temper.
- Heat oil in pan and add mustard seeds, cumin, and white sesame and let it crackle.
- Then add whole dried red chilli and cook for 1 min and put the tempering over the steamed dhokla.
- Finally garnish the dhokla with chopped coriander and cut in in to shapes and serve hot with chutneys and curd.