Vegetables cooked with sevaiyaan must try
- Vermicelli – 2 cups
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Dried red chillies – 2 no
- Mustard seeds – 2 tsp
- Split skinless black gram (urad dal) – 1 tsp
- Bengal gram (chana dal) – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 6-8 no
- Onion, finely chopped – 1 no medium
- Green chilli, finely chopped – 1 no
- Carrot, cut into 1 inch cubes and boiled – 1 no medium
- Green peas – 1/2 cup
- Red chilli paste – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Coconut milk -1/2 cup
- Finely chop onion and set aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add asafetida and mix. Break red chillies, add to the pan. Add mustard seeds, urad dal, Bengal gram and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add curry leaves, onion and green chilli and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add carrot, green peas and sauté for a minute. Add red chilli paste, turmeric powder and sauté for half a minute.
- Add sevaiyaan and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add 1 1-2 cups water, salt and mix well.
- Add coconut milk, mix well and cook till the sevaiyaan are cooked. Switch off the heat.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and serve hot.