This is one Indian bread you should not miss out! Goes well with all dals and curries
- Atta (whole wheat flour) – 2 cups
- Besan (gram flour) – ½ cup
- Salt – to taste
- Red chile powder – 1 teaspoon
- Ground turmeric – ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 2 teaspoons
- Garam masala powder – 1 teaspoon
- Red onions, chopped – 1 cup, 2 medium
- Green chiles, stemmed and chopped – 4 no
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves – 2 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil – 1 tablespoon + 8 teaspoons
- Place the whole wheat flour, gram flour, salt, red chile powder, turmeric, coriander powder, garam masala powder, onions, green chiles, cilantro leaves and 1 tablespoon (15 ml) oil. Add ½ cup water and knead into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
- Roll out each ball into a 6-inch round roti.
- Place a non stick tawa (griddle) on medium heat and let it heat for 2 minutes. Place one roti on it and cook for 30 seconds. Flip over and drizzle ½ teaspoon oil around it. Flip again and drizzle another ½ teaspoon oil around the roti. Cook till both the sides are cooked and light brown specs appear on the surface.
- Serve hot immediately.