This healthy fresh fenugreek leaves Indian bread (Methi Parantha) is a delicious and healthy recipe, specially eaten during winters when the fenugreek is fresh.
- Whole wheat Flour – 5 cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Green chilli chopped finely – 4-5
- Ginger grated -1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder -1 /2 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1 tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Fenugreek leaves (methi )- 1 ½ cup
- Ajwain -1 tsp
- Onion large chopped – 2
- Coriander chopped – 2 tbsp
- Qasoori methi – 1tsp
- Pluck the methi leaves and keep aside. Take large vessel filled with water. Soak fenugreek leaves in the water for 10-15 minutes. So all the dirt will settle down at the bottom and leaves will float on top. Now using your hand take the leaves part gently without disturbing the water and dirt at the bottom. Lightly squeeze out the water. Then chop the methi leaves.
- In a bowl, take whole wheat flour. Add oil, cumin seeds, ajwain , green chili, ginger ,onion, red chili powder, turmeric powder , chopped coriander, Qasoori methi, and salt.
- Mix well, so everything is incorporated well.
- Now add chopped methi leaves.
- Mix and make a smooth dough using water. Brush little ghee.
- Cover and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. No more that 10 minutes, otherwise methi starts leave its water and dough will be loose and sticky. After 10 minutes resting time, knead the dough once again and make it smooth.
- Divide the dough into equal portions. Take one portion at a time and roll the dough into 6inch diameter apply ghee on each fold and fold in square shape. Dust little flour and roll the dough into a thick parantha.
- Heat the tawa on medium heat. Once hot, place the rolled paratha on it and cook the parantha from both the side using little oil until golden brown from both the sides.
- Remove on the serving plate and make the rest similarly. Serve hot.