Moong dal has been everyone’s favorite for quite some time. Methi Moong Dal recipe made with fresh methi – fenugreek leaves and moong dal. Try this Methi dal recipe and serve with rice or roti / chapati.
- Ghee – 3-4 Tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Green Chilli Chopped – 2-3 no.
- Asafoetida (Hing) – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic Chopped – 2 Tbsp
- Onion Chopped – 1 small
- Tomatoes Chopped – 2 small
- Salt to Taste
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek Leaves – 250 gms.
- Yellow Moong Beans, Boiled- 2 cups
- Water- 2 cups
- Ginger julienne- 1 inch + garnish Coriander chopped- 2 Tbsp
How to make Methi Moong Dal (Method):
- Heat ghee in a pan; add cumin seeds, Fenugreek seeds, green chilli chopped and sauté till seeds splutter.
- Add asafoetida, garlic chopped and sauté till garlic is brown.
- Add chopped onion and sauté for 3-4 min.
- Add tomato, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder mix well and sauté for 3-4 min.
- Add fenugreek leaves stir to mix and sauté for 3-4 min.
- Add boiled moong dal and water mix well.
- Add ginger julienne, coriander chopped mix well.
- Cover and cook for 10-12 min.
- Take out the lid stir and mix well.
- Mash the dal with the help of ladle.
- Remove in serving bowl, garnish with ginger julienne and coriander leaves and serve hot.