Pooris stuffed with khoya and powdered nuts, a rich treat.
- Grated khoya – 200 grams
- Wheat flour kneaded into a dough – 2 cups
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Black peppercorns – 1/2 tsp
- Green cardamoms – 2 no
- Fennel seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Almonds – 1 tbsp
- Pistachios – 1 tbsp
- Oil – for deep frying + for greasing
- Grind together cumin seeds, black peppercorns, green cardamoms, fennel seeds, sugar, almonds, and pistachios into a coarse powder and transfer into a bowl.
- Add khoya and mash well.
- Heat sufficient oil in a non stick kadai.
- Make equal balls of the kneaded dough. Take a ball, shape it into a katori. Stuff the khoya stuffing, seal the edges and roll into a puri. Similarly, make all the puris.
- Deep fry the puris till golden and drain on an absorbent paper.