Mattar Paneer Recipe cooked without Onion and Garlic. This perfect North Indian recipe is cooked for Jains and people who love to eat without Onion and Garlic. Basically a north Indian curry recipe prepared from paneer cubes and green peas. It is usually served with plain rice, jeera rice or choice of roti or parathas.
- Paneer 120 gm
- Green Peas 1 Cup
- Tomatos puree 1 Cup
- Cream fresh 3 Tbsp
- Oil 2 Tbsp
- Cumin Seeds 1 Tsp
- Green chilli chopped 2-3 No
- Coriander powder 2 Tbsp
- Red chilli powder 1 Tsp
- Turmeric powder ½ Tsp
- Kasoori methi ½ Tsp
- Garam masala ½ Tsp
- Salt to taste
- Kaju paste ¼ Cup
How to make Matar Paneer (Method):
- Heat oil in a Pan. Add Cumin seeds and saute for approx 10 sec. Add green chili and tomato puree and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt to taste and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add cashew nut paste, sauté for 2 mints and reduce flame.
- Add the green peas and paneer and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add fresh cream and
- Add water, if required. Add kasoori methi powder, garam Masala and chopped coriander and mix well. Let it sit for a while before serving.
- In this time, the gravy will thicken before serving.
- Add little kasoori methi, cream and coriander leaves for garnishing. Serve with hot paratha.