Bright green green pea halwa enriched with khoya and dried fruits.
- Fresh green peas, boiled and coarsely ground – 1 cup
- Green pea shells – 7-8 no
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Almonds finely chopped – 1 tbsp
- Cashew nuts finely chopped – 1 tbsp
- Pistachios finely chopped – 1 tbsp
- Gram flour – 2 tbsp
- Green cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Grated khoya – 1/2 cup
- Mix together sugar and 1 cup water in a non stick pan and cook to make sugar syrup.
- Remove the threads of the pea shells, roughly chop and add to the sugar syrup.
- Heat ghee in another non stick pan. Add almonds, cashew nuts and pistachios and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add gram flour and sauté for 1- 1 1/2 minutes. Add green peas and sauté on low heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add green cardamom powder and mix well.
- Add khoya and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add sugar syrup along with the shells and mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes and switch off the heat.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and serve hot.