Boiled eggs covered with mashed potato and deep fried must try
- Eggs hard boiled and peeled – 2 no
- Eggs – 2 no
- Potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed – 3 no medium
- Onion, finely chopped – 1 no medium
- Green chilli, finely chopped – 1 no
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
- Mustard oil – 2 tbsp
- Grated cheese – 1 tbsp
- Dry brown bread crumbs – for coating
- Oil – for deep frying
- Place potatoes in a bowl. Add onion, green chilli, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, chaat masala, mustard oil, cheese and mix well.
- Break eggs in another bowl and whisk well.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Spread bread crumbs on a plate
- Coat the boiled eggs with the potato mixture.
- Dip each egg in the whisked egg and coat it with bread crumbs. Repeat this process once more and gently shape it between palms to resemble an egg.
- Gently slide the prepared eggs in the oil and deep fry till evenly golden. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Transfer onto a serving plate and serve hot.