Potato mixture stuffed in bread and toasted to a crisp on both sides.topped with sev
- Pav – 8 no
- Potatoes, boiled and mashed – 4 medium
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Butter – 3-4 tablespoons
- Green chutney – 4 tablespoons
- Date and tamarind chutney – 4 tablespoons
- Onion, chopped – 1 medium
- Sev – 8 tablespoons
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves – 4 tablespoons
- Heat the oil in a pan; add the mustard seeds. When they begin to splutter, add the mashed potatoes, chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt.
- Mix well and cook for three or four minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Slit two pav horizontally, but do not cut through to separate the halves. Spread some butter on the insides of the pav. Stuff with the potato mixture and lightly toast the pav on a tawa using a little butter.
- Arrange two roasted pav on each serving plate. Top with green chutney, date and tamarind chutney, onion and a generous helping of sev. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve immediately.