Marwari style rotis stuffed with masaledar papad mixture.
- Whole wheat flour (atta) kneaded into dough with salt and sufficient water – 3 cups
- Papad – 4 medium
- Onion, finely chopped – 2 medium
- Tomatoes, finely chopped – 2 medium
- Roasted cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Green chilies, chopped – 3
- Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – To taste
- Ghee – 2 tablespoons
- Fresh mint leaves – For garnishing
- Roast papads on direct flame till crisp. Lightly crush them and place in a bowl, add onions, tomatoes, cumin seeds, green chillies, red chilli powder, ghee and salt and mix well
- Heat a non-stick tawa.
- Divide the dough into equal portions, shape them into balls.Shape each portion into a katori, place some papad mixture in it, gather the edges, seal and roll into a ball. Flatten slightly and roll out into tikadia. Reserve some papad mixture for serving
- Place tikadia on the hot tawa, flip and drizzle ghee, turn over and drizzle more ghee and cook, turning sides, till the tikadiais golden brown and crisp. Similarly cook the remaining tikadias.
- Cut them into wedges and arrange on a serving plate, place the reserved papad mixture on one side of the plate, garnish with mint leaf and serve immediately.