Garlic flavoured methi paranthas.
- Green garlic – 200 grams
- Fried garlic and finely chopped – 4 tbsp + for garnishing
- Fenugreek bunch, leaves separated – 1/2 kilo
- Kasuri methi – 1 tsp
- Wheat flour – 1 1/2 cups + for rolling
- Gram flour – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 1 no large
- Green chillies – 2 no
- Carom seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Ghee – 4 tsp
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Finely chop green garlic and add to the pan. Sauté for 2 minutes and transfer into a bowl.
- Finely chop onion, green chillies and add to the bowl. Add fried garlic, wheat flour, gram flour, carom seeds, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, kasuri methi, fenugreek leaves, salt and water as required to knead into a dough.
- Heat a non stick tava.
- Make equal balls of the kneaded dough. Take a ball and roll into a paratha with the help of dry flour.
- Place the paratha on the tava and cook on both the sides. Apply 1/2 tsp ghee on each side and cook further till evenly done. Similarly, make all the parathas.
- Transfer onto a serving plate, garnish with fried garlic and serve hot with raita or pickle.