Fish tikka with predominant flavour of garlic.
- Boneless fish cut into 2 inch cubes – 1/2 kilo
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Green chilli paste – 1 tsp
- Juice of lemon – 1 no
- Salt – to taste
- Mustard oil – 3-4 tbsp
- Carom seeds (ajwain) – 1/4 tsp
- Garlic cloves, finely chopped – 8-10 no
- Green chillies, finely chopped – 2 no
- Gram flour (besan) – 2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Black salt – a pinch
- Yogurt – 4 tbsp
- Oil – for greasing
- Place fish in a bowl. Add ginger garlic paste, green chilli paste, lemon juice and salt. Mix well and keep aside for 20 minutes for marinating.
- Heat mustard oil in a non stick pan. Add carom seeds, garlic, green chilies and sauté till the garlic becomes golden.
- Add gram flour, lower the heat and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Transfer into a bowl.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, black salt, yogurt, little water and mix. Add the marinated fish and salt and mix well. Keep aside for 20-25 minutes.
- Grease the base of the air fryer with a little oil. Place the marinated fish pieces on the base.
- Cook on barbecue mode in the air fryer at 200 degrees celcius for 8-10 minutes or till done.
- Transfer onto a serving plate and serve hot.