Fish tikka with predominant flavour of garlic.
Boneless fish cut into 2 inch cubes 1/2 kilo
Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
Green chilli paste 1 tsp
Juice of lemon 1 no
Salt to taste
Mustard oil 3-4 tbsp
Carom seeds (ajwain) 1/4 tsp
Garlic cloves, finely chopped 8-10 no
Green chillies, finely chopped 2 no
Gram flour (besan) 2 tbsp
Red chilli powder 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
Black salt A pinch
Yogurt 4 Tbsp
Oil for greasing
- Place fish in a bowl. Add ginger garlic paste, green chilli paste, lemon juice and salt. Mix well and keep aside for 20 minutes for marinating.
- Heat mustard oil in a non stick pan. Add carom seeds, garlic, green chilies and sauté till the garlic becomes golden.
- Add gram flour, lower the heat and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Transfer into a bowl.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, black salt, yogurt, little water and mix. Add the marinated fish and salt and mix well. Keep aside for 20-25 minutes.
- Grease the base of the air fryer with a little oil. Place the marinated fish pieces on the base.
- Cook on barbecue mode in the air fryer at 200 degrees Celsius for 8-10 minutes or till done.
- Transfer onto a serving plate and serve hot.