It is prepared by frying potatoes in oil and adding spices and chutney. it is made from boiled and fried cubed potatoes served with chaat masala.
- Potatoes – 500grams
- Oil – to deep fry
- Sweet chutney – ½ cup + to drizzle
- Green chutney – ½ cup + to drizzle
- Chaat masala – 1 teaspoon + to sprinkle
- Lemon juice – 2 tablespoons
- Onion, chopped – 1 small
- Tomato, chopped – 1small
- Pomegranate seeds – 2 tablespoon
- Salt – to taste
- For garnish
- Potatoes, halved, center scooped and baked – 4medium
- Fresh coriander sprigs – for garnish
- Sev – as required
- Peel potatoes, quarter them and boil. Cool slightly, keep each potato piece between plastic sheets and lightly press to flatten.
- Heat sufficient rice bran oil in a kadai and deep-fry these potatoes till golden and crisp. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Mix together sweet chutney, green chutney, chaat masala, lemon juice, chopped onion, chopped tomato, pomegranate seeds and salt in a mixing bowl.Add the fried potatoes and toss well.
- Transfer into a bowl and sprinkle some chaat masala over them.
- While serving put these spicy potatoes into the baked scooped potatoes. Drizzle some sweet chutney and green chutney on top, garnish each with a coriander sprig and sev and serve immediately.