‘Lagan-Nu-Custard’ is a Parsi dessert prepared during weddings.
- Eggs – 5 no
- Milk – 3 cups
- Condensed milk – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Cardamom – a pinch
- Nutmeg – a pinch
- Vanilla essence – 1 tbsp
- Charoli No – 1 tbsp
- Heat milk in a thick-bottomed pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add condensed milk and sugar and simmer for fifteen to twenty minutes till milk is thick and creamy, stirring continuously.
- Add green cardamom powder and nutmeg powder and mix.
- Take it off the heat, transfer into a bowl and set aside to cool a bit. Preheat oven to 200ºC. Put some water in the baking tray.
- Break the eggs into another bowl, add vanilla essence and whisk. Add charoli to the milk and mix.
- Pour into individual bowls or ramekins.
- Cover them with lids or aluminum foil and place them in the baking tray. Bake for forty five to fifty minutes or till set.
- Serve warm