A hearty mutton curry cooked with dried red chilies in punjabi style
Mutton, mince 600 grams
Capsicum, deseeded and cut into small cubes 3
Green chilies, finely chopped 7-8
Oil 2 Tablespoons
Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
Bay leaves 2
Ginger, finely chopped 2 Tablespoons
Garlic, finely chopped 2 Tablespoons
Onion, finely chopped 3 medium
Tomatoes, finely chopped 3
Coriander powder 2 Tablespoons
Turmeric powder ¼ teaspoon
Red chilli powder 2 teaspoon
Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
Dry mango powder ½ teaspoon
Salt to taste
Ginger julienne, red bell pepper curls and mint for garnishing
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add bay leaves, ginger and garlic and sauté for a minute. Add green chillies and sauté for a minute. Add onions and sauté till translucent.
- Add mutton mice and sauté it until water evaporates.
- Add capsicum and cook until soft. Add the tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes are cooked.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, dried mango powder and salt.
- Cover and cook for ten to fifteen minutes on low flame until mutton mince is fully cooked.
- Transfer into a serving bowl, garnish with a mint sprig, red pepper curls and ginger julienne.
- Serve hot.