A fusion kalakand made with kiwi fruit.
- Milk – 1 litre
- Kiwis – 4 no
- Alum – a pinch
- Crumbled cottage cheese (paneer) – 1 1/2 cups
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup
- Few pistachios blanched and slivered – for garnishing
- Heat milk in a non stick pan till it comes to a boil. Simmer till the milk thickens and reduces to slightly less than half. ( approx 400 ml )
- Peel and roughly chop the kiwis and grind into a purée.
- Add alum to the milk and mix well..
- Add paneer to the milk and mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add kiwi purée and Add sugar, mix well and cook for 20 to 25 minutes stirring continuously till the mixture thickens.
- Cover an aluminium tray with an aluminium foil and cling film. Spread pistachios in the tray. Pour the mixture in the tray. Cool to room temperature and set in the refrigerator overnight.
- Cut and serve.