Aloo tikkis topped with the typical chaat chutneys, chaat masala
- Potatoes, boiled and mashed – 4 large no
- Salt – to taste
- Cornflour – 2 tablespoons
- Oil – for deep frying
- Green chutney – ½ cup thick
- Arrowroot flour – 4-5 tablespoons
- Red chilli-garlic chutney – 1 tablespoon
- Date and tamarind chutney – 4-5 tablespoons
- Chaat masala – 1 teaspoon
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes with salt and cornflour and mix well. Divide the potato mixture into sixteen equal portions and shape into lemon-sized balls.
- Flatten a portion of mashed potato on your palm and place one teaspoon of green chutney in the centre. Bring the sides together to enclose the filling and shape into small squares. Dust with a little arrowroot flour and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadai and deep-fry the squares, a few at a time, till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Place the fried potato squares on individual serving plates, drizzle with
chilli-garlic chutney and date and tamarind chutney, sprinkle chaat masala and serve immediately.