Green chile relish
- Vegetable oil – 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Green chiles, stemmed and roughly chopped – 20 no
- Fresh garlic cloves – 12 no
- Fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped – a small bunch
- Table salt – to taste
- Place a non stick frying pan on medium heat and pour in the oil. Add the cumin seeds and as they begin to change color, add the green chiles and garlic cloves. Sauté for 1 minute and add cilantro leaves and mix. Reduce heat to low, add salt, cover the pan with a lid and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Soften the green chiles by pressing them with the help of a wooden spoon or the back of any thick spoon. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Transfer the mixture into a blender jar and blend into a coarse mixture. You should be able to see green chile pieces.