Halwa prepared with ripe bananas
- Ripe rajali banana pulp – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Pure ghee – 4 tablespoons
- Cook banana pulp and sugar together in a thick-bottomed vessel, stirring all the time till the mixture starts thickening.
- Add two tablespoons of ghee and continue to cook stirring continuously.
- As it thickens some more, add the rest of the ghee and continue to cook stirring continuously.
- To test whether it is ready, roll a little quantity into a ball, if it does not stick to the palms it is ready.
- Pour the mixture onto a greased thali and spread evenly with a greased rolling pin or the back of a flat ladle.
- Cut into square or diamond shaped pieces when still hot but do not separate them. Leave aside to cool and then separate the pieces and store.
Note: if rajali bananas are not available you can use the green skinned ripe bananas.