Shallow fried brinjal roundels served with kasundi mustard.
- Big purple brinjal – 3
- Salt – to taste
- Red chilli powder – 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Amchur powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 2 Tablespoons
- Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 2 Tablespoons
- Ginger and Garlic paste – 2 Tablespoons
- Kasundi – 3 Tablespoons
- Mustard Oil for cooking – 4-5 tablespoons
- Mint leaves and kasundi mustard for garnishing.
- Trim the skin of one brinjal with a peeler and cut into fine juliennes. Deep fry in hot oil until crisp, set aside for garnish
- Cut slices for remaining two brinjal into thick roundels.
- Marinate the brinjal with red chilli powder, turmeric powder, amchur powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, ginger and garlic paste, lemon juice and mix well.
- Set aside for about twenty minutes.
- Take non stick pan, add oil and shallow fry marinated brinjals from both the sides until golden brown.
- Remove onto absorbent paper. Take a serving plate, arrange the brinjals and spoon the kasundi mustard and garnish with brinjal julienne and mint leaves.
- Serve hot.