Interesting recipe with a twist of paneer
- Karela/ Bitter gourd – 400 g
- Ginger chopped – 1 tsp
- Garlic chopped – 1 tbsp
- Onion chopped – 2 no’s
- Green chilli chopped -2 -3 no’s
- Tomato chopped – 3-4 no’s
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Kallonji – ½ tsp
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder -1 tbsp
- Mango Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander chopped – 2 tbsp
- Paneer grated – 1 cup
- Dry Mango – a pinch
- Garlic bread toast – 1 loaf
- Peel off the skin of karela and also remove the seeds inside the karela.
- Boil karela into pan along with some water, salt and turmeric powder. Cook it for about 5 minutes. Drain it using strainer to discard water.
- Take cooked karela and chopped it finely. Heats the oil in a pan add in Kallonji, cumin seeds and sauté. Then add in the chopped ginger and garlic and sauté
- Add onion and green chilli; fry it till golden brown in color.
- Then add tomato, salt, coriander powder, red chilli powder, amchur powder, turmeric powder and Mix it well and cook for some time.
- Now add in the boiled chopped karela and mix well.
- Lastly add in the chopped coriander and mix well
- Add grated paneer and mix well.
- Adjust salt and add amchur powder and mix well.
- Now place the bhurjee on toast and serve .